Colonel Timothy A. Sejba is the Program Executive Officer for Space Development, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles Air Force Base, California. He directs a portfolio of next generation missile warning, communications, and meteorological programs and other prototyping and technology projects valued at $22.4B. His responsibilities include approving program strategies, delivering programs to meet warfighter needs, and engaging with Headquarters United States Space Force, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, and other Departments and Agencies.
Colonel Sejba graduated in 1995 from the University of Minnesota-Duluth with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering. He was commissioned into the Air Force through the Reserve Officer Training Corps as a distinguished graduate. He has served in a wide variety of operations and acquisition leadership positions within the Air Force, National Reconnaissance Office, Defense Threat Reduction Agency and U.S. Strategic Command. His assignments include duties as a Flight Commander, Project Manager, Executive Officer, Congressional Liaison, Squadron Commander, Group Commander, Deputy Program Director and Program Director.
1995 Distinguished Graduate, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps, Detachment 420, Duluth, Minn.
1995 Bachelor of Computer Engineering, University of Minnesota-Duluth, Duluth, Minn.
2001 Masters in Business Administration, San Jose State University, San Jose, Calif.
2001 Squadron Officer School (Correspondence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2002 Squadron Officer School (Residence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 California Institute of Technology Systems Engineering Certificate, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
2005 Air Command and Staff College (Correspondence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2009 Air Force Fellow (Residence), United States Senate, Washington, D.C.
2012 Air War College (Correspondence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, National Defense University, Ft. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2013 Senior Acquisition Course, Ft. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2018 U.S. Air Force Enterprise Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2019 Executive Program Managers Course, Defense Acquisition University, Ft. Belvoir, Va.
1. June 1995–March 2002, Master Control Station Systems Engineer, and Chief, Command Section, 2nd Space Operations Squadron, Falcon AFB, Colo.
2. September 1997–March 2002, Flight Commander, Chief, Standardization and Evaluation, Senior Flight Commander, and Executive Officer, Operating Division Four – National Reconnaissance Office, Onizuka AFS, Calif.
3. March 2002–July 2005, Project Manager, Space-Based Systems, and Deputy Program Manager, Space Superiority Materiel Wing, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
4. July 2005–June 2008, Chief, Position, Navigation and Timing Operations, and Executive Officer, USSTRATCOM Joint Functional Component Command, Global Strike and Integration; Chief, Special Programs, USSTRATCOM/J32, Offutt AFB, Neb.
5. July 2008–December 2008, Air Force Fellow, AF/A9, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
6. January 2009–December 2009, Air Force Legislative Fellow for Senator Mary Landrieu, Louisiana, United States Senate, Washington, D.C.
7. January 2010–June 2010, Space, Nuclear and Cyber Congressional Liaison, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
8. July 2010–June 2012, Commander, Space Operations Squadron, Aerospace Data Facility-Southwest, National Reconnaissance Office, Las Cruces, N.M.
9. August 2012–June 2013, Student, Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, National Defense University, Ft. McNair, Washington, D.C.
10. June 2013–June 2014, Chief, Weapons and Capabilities Office, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Eglin AFB, Fla.
11. June 2014–July 2016, Commander, Technology Operations Group, Communications Directorate, National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, Va.
12. July 2016–July 2018, Deputy Director, Military Satellite Communications Systems Directorate, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
13. July 2018–February 2019, Acting Director, Space Rapid Capabilities Office, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
14. July 2018–July 2020, Director, Advanced Systems and Development Directorate, Space and Missile Systems Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
15. July 2020–Present, Program Executive Officer for Space Development, Space and Missile Systems Center Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2005–June 2008, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
2. June 2013–June 2014, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Eglin AFB, Fla.
Space Cadre Member, Level III
Program Management, Level III
System Planning, Research, Development and Engineering, Level II
Fully Qualified Joint Specialty Officer
"Deterrence for Space: Is Operationally Responsive Space Part of the Solution?" High Frontier: The Journal for Space and Cyberspace Professionals, 2010.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
2002 Space and Missile Systems Center CGO of the Year
2005 Air Force Engineering Team of the Year
2012 NRO Director’s Circle Award for Leadership
2014 DoD CIO Team of the Year
2018 Secretary Wilson Program Office of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1995
First Lieutenant May 31, 1997
Captain May 31, 1999
Major November 1, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2010
Colonel October 1, 2014
(Current as of February 2021)