Services Focus on Recreational Opportunities
By David Porter , 61st Mission Support Group Services
/ Published June 19, 2007
LOS ANGELES AIR FORCE BASE -- The 61st Mission Support Group Services will highlight its recreational programs as it conducts its first Focus Day, July 3 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the base fitness center. The objective of the event is to make base community more aware of the services and programs offered by the Services department.
The day's agenda includes a volleyball tournament that starts at 9 a.m. and offers prizes of 300, 150 and 50 'Services Dollars' to the top three winners. The competition is open to all base military, civilian and contractor units. Registrations are now being accepted at the base fitness center. Deadline for registrations is June 30. Teams entering the tournament will be able to check in advance the times they will be playing so as to schedule their time accordingly.
A 5-K Fun Run will be conducted at 11 a.m. Again, prizes will be awarded to the top three finishers. A free lunch of hamburgers, chips and drinks will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Throughout the day, displays and information booths will be available in the fitness center. The following groups are scheduled.
- Outdoor Recreation will set up an array of some of the rental items available, such as tents, camping equipment, bicycles, bogie boards, canoes and grills.
- Representatives from the Fort MacArthur swimming pool will have information on season passes and various programs they offer.
- The Club will have a membership table along with a list of the benefits members can enjoy, as well as information on Erharts Catering.
- Tickets and the Community Center will present information on amusement and theme parks, trips and programs offered to the Los Angeles Air Force Base community.
- The Youth Center will provide information on sports programs as well as other activities for young people.
For more information on Focus Day and other programs offered by the Services department, call 310-653-5025.